- Hugh Bourne – the chief founder of the movement
- William Clowes – the “apostle Paul” of the movement, who was their lead missionary and evangelist
- Thomas Russell – a courageous preacher who overcame persecution, adversity and personal tradegy
- Sarah Kirkland – the first female “travelling preacher”, an effective evangelist who was instrumental in the Nottingham revival of 1816-17
- John Benton – a highly passionate evangelist who could hardly construct a grammatically correct sentence
It seems to me that we don't need more celebrities in our modern day culture, we need more heroes like these men and women of faith.