The obstacles to transformation are
4. Spiritual Community
Obstacle 3: Activity
- Tens of millions have confused religious activity with spiritual significance and depth
- Four out of ten have participated in a combination of three “normal” religious activities in the past week (i.e., attending church services, praying, reading the Bible).
- Far fewer have engaged in deeper faith expressions:
- less than one out of ten have talked about their faith with a non-Christian
- fasted for religious purposes
- had an extended time of spiritual reflection during the past week
- spiritual disciplines – including solitude, sacrifice, acts of service, silence, and scriptural meditation – are infrequently practiced
1. Self-Described Christians Dominate America but Wrestle with Four Aspects of Spiritual Depth
2. Obstacles to spiritual transformation - commitment
3. Obstacles to spiritual transformation - repentance
4. A Biblical Worldview Has a Radical Effect on a Person's Life
5. Six trends emerging for 2011
6. Are we becoming Biblically illiterate?
7. How do we keep our spiritual fervour?