The obstacles to transformation are
4. Spiritual Community
Obstacle 4: Spiritual Community
- Most feel comfortable and connected within their church
- However, there is not much vulnerability and accountability occurring within the context of those connections.
- Many do not take their faith community seriously, as a place to which they should be open and held to biblical principles.
- Only one out of every five believes that spiritual maturity requires a vital connection to a community of faith.
- Only one-third claim to have confessed their sins verbally to another believer at some point during the past quarter
Related links1. Self-Described Christians Dominate America but Wrestle with Four Aspects of Spiritual Depth
2. Obstacles to spiritual transformation - commitment
3. Obstacles to spiritual transformation - repentance
4. Obstacles to spiritual transformation - activity
5. A Biblical Worldview Has a Radical Effect on a Person's Life
6. Six trends emerging for 2011
7. Are we becoming Biblically illiterate?
8. How do we keep our spiritual fervour?