Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The "Gospel Car"

 




Here is the latest acquisition by Englesea Brook Museum: a one horse power Gospel Car, used to take the gospel of Christ to people in many different places. Inside to the left is a pedal organ.

The inscriptions are as follows:

The LORD give you peace always
Heaven's Light our Guide
Blessed are the pure of heart
Jesus Christ the same yesterday today and for ever

For those with keen eyesight, you will note that it is a Wesleyan Gospel Car, not a Primitive Methodist vehicle.

What would the "Gospel Car" look like today? The answer is "the Caravan of Courage". I'll have more on this in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I also would like to comment over all the points mentioned in this blog. I agree with essence of few point but somewhere I found myself on other place. I hope, there might little opinion of others as well.คิ้วยางกันกระแทกรถยนต์

    ReplyDelete